DistroDirect – Business Development and Client Relations Manager – UK and EU
- Are you an experienced music industry professional with incredible national and international connections?
- Would you describe yourself as an expert networker and negotiator?
- Do you thrive in data-driven businesses and a fast-paced environment?
- Are you autonomous and can you work both independently and remotely?
- Are you excited about the prospect of building an innovative new music business from scratch?
The DistroDirect team is looking for a Business Development and Client Relations Manager to grow the DistroDirect brand in the UK and EU.
DistroDirect is a market disrupting SaaS (software as a service) white label B2B (business to business) music distribution solution. Along with integrated and personalized support services, DistroDirect provides a customizable and automated distribution platform, streaming music to over 100 DSPs worldwide, including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Deezer, TikTok and many more. others. The platform allows any existing music business to add digital distribution services to their current offering, under their own brand, allowing them to grow their network of artists and generate new revenue streams for their business.
Created by leading Australian digital distribution company GYROstream, the DistroDirect product is an innovative, fast-growing platform that has grown over 200% since its official launch in August 2021. With the entire Australia-based team at this Today, this international position is brand new (and our first international hire), and will put our feet on the ground in DistroDirect’s largest market.
In this role, you will be responsible for generating quality B2B leads for DistroDirect (e.g. record labels, artist managers, producers, studios) and be the key contact for the company’s existing customer base on the territory. You will also manage key DSP relationships within the marketplace and coordinate with the GYROstream and DistroDirect team on global pitching priorities and networks to ensure the success of our partners and artists.
The position requires an exceptional project manager. A confident, enthusiastic and results-oriented individual who thrives on connection, emerging technologies and helping music businesses and artists succeed.
The role is for an initial period of 12 months with a possible extension. He is remote based and will require market travel if required.
- In collaboration with the CEO and CMO of GYROstream, you will generate and secure new business opportunities and new customers for the white label distribution service DistroDirect.
- Manage and support the company’s existing market-based DistroDirect client, working with GYROstream and DistroDirect head office in Brisbane, Australia.
- Enhance DistroDirect’s brand in the marketplace through networking, conferences and other related activities.
- Maintain and enhance key DSP in-market relationships, including high-level pitching and strategic coordination of editorial priorities alongside the Australian team.
- Minimum of five years of experience in music distribution, DSPs, record labels, streaming or related industries.
- Strong, proven relationships with national and international record labels, DSPs and emerging technology companies in the music industry.
- A proven track record for delivering top-tier streaming results.
- In-depth knowledge and ability to understand editorial calendars, identify relevant client opportunities and plan presentations accordingly.
- Possess a positive attitude, passion for life, grace under pressure and an ability to work in a fast paced environment and team.
- A trendsetter who thrives on being in the know.
- Attention to detail, while being able to set priorities, multi-task and delegate. Ability to work remotely and independently to achieve business objectives.
- Consistently develop strong relationships with new and existing industry relationships
- Get excited about the prospect of creating a new brand of disruptive music from the ground up.
Remuneration – Negotiable depending on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected]